[gmx-users] trjconv - PBC

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 24 18:22:27 CEST 2011

Steven Neumann wrote:
> Last question:
>
> I would like to visualise my whole trjajectory looking at one of the
> ligands only which stacked to the loop of my protein. Which option of
> trjconv will be suitable to see whole trajectory of this ligand withoout
> any shifts on the screen so I will be able to produce a movie? I assume
> I need to use ndx file of this ligand.

trjconv -center

Select the ligand as the group to be centered.  This approach may not work well
if there are large changes in position over time, so I'm guessing a bit.
Otherwise trjconv -fit may work, or centering on some suitable group with which
the ligand interacts.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate