[gmx-users] Gromacs-GPU with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 error?

Matt Larson larsonmattr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 00:55:25 CEST 2011

Szilárd,

 Thanks- gromacs 4.5.5 is working with my NVidia card with the "force
option".  I found one weirdness - if I check the card temperature
(using NVIDIA's configuration tool in X11) it seems like this messes
up the MR and all the trajectories after that point have no atoms in
VMD.  So, that's probably not a good thing.

This is something of a big question:
 I tried running a simulation using intrinsic solvation, amber99 or
amber99sb, and a long helix, and found that the helix would collapse
in intrinsic solation unlike explicit solvation.  Is there a "good"
way to do intrinsic solvation simulations (like a very large # for
rvdw, rcoulomb), or some other force field such that long helices
behave well in intrinsic solvation?  It seems like the whole protein
wants scrunch up on itself.  Maybe my problem is that in the
simulation protein:protein interaction is too favored over
protein:solvent?

  Thanks,
  Matt