[gmx-users] position restrained minimization on the one part of a system

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 26 16:20:02 CEST 2011

On 27/10/2011 12:28 AM, Atila Petrosian wrote:
> Dear Mark
>
> thanks for your reply
>
> you said "if pdb2gmx is able to treat the whole system in one pass,
> then it will write such position restraint
> files automatically"
>
> in my system, what pdb2gmx includes are in below:
>
> ; Include forcefield parameters
> #include "amber03.ff/forcefield.itp"
>
> ; Include chain topologies
> #include "complex_Protein_chain_A.itp"
> #include "complex_DNA_chain_B.itp"
>
> ; Include Position restraint file
> #ifdef POSRES
> #include "posre_Protein_chain_A.itp"
>
> ; Include Position restraint file
> #ifdef POSRES
> #include "posre_Protein_chain_B.itp"

This is the kind of thing to which I was referring, but it appears you
have edited your .top and removed the #endif lines that should match the
#ifdef. Start again with pdb2gmx to generate a new .top, and then you
will be able to choose your "define = -DPOSRES_xxx" to use position
restraints on whichever part of the system you want with no need to ever
touch a .top or .itp file.

Mark