[gmx-users] convert parameters of Buckingham potential to/from LJ potential

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 27 04:48:23 CEST 2011

Kan wrote:
> Dear gmx Users,
>
> I am trying to convert parameters of Buckingham potential to/from LJ
> potential. It seems that there is tool in Gromacs, g_sigeps which is
> capable of doing this. However,when I typed the following command:
> "./sigeps_mpi -nice 2   -A 6159492 -B 0.019891 -C 0.002692 -qi -1.041094
> -qj -1.041094", no output of LJ came out. Since there is no example
> availabe, I can not figure out how to do it correctly. I would be
> thankful if anyone can help me!

You can't convert between Buckingham and LJ.  They are different functions.  The
help description for g_sigeps states that it is for C6/Cn to sigma/epsilon
conversion.  The Buckingham options are for plotting the potential only, it seems.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee