[gmx-users] problem with compiling fftw

Sanku M msanku65 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 03:25:04 CEST 2011

Hi,
  When trying to compile fftw3.3.3 in our cluster I got following error. Apparently, it try to guess the build-type by trying to create a directory in scratch. I am not sure why it will try to create a directory there and then it fails. I was wondering whether there is any way-out to avoid this issue. Is there any way in a machine to know its build type and if so, what is the option in fftw to mention the directory.
Below is the error message.
Sanku

./configure --prefix=/home/joe/UTIL/fftw/ CC=gcc  --enable-float
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... mkdir: cannot create directory `/scratch/cg29917-21909': Permission denied
mkdir: cannot create directory `/scratch/cg-29917': Permission denied
config.guess: cannot create a temporary directory in /scratch
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one