[gmx-users] Prosessing of the pre-eqilibrated lipid bilayer

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 20:12:18 CET 2011

Dear Gromacs Users!

I wounder to know about possible algorithm of preparation of the existing
lipid bilayer for further simulation.
E.g I have some pre-equilibrated bilayer consisted of symmetrical lipid
organization. Now I'd like to remove some lipids from the edges of my
bilayer to reduce overall ammounts lipids but dont perturb symmetry of the
system. Then I'd like to place this bilayer to the rombic box (
corresponded to the organzation of the new bilayer system).
How I could to realise such operation of the lipid removing ?

In addition I'd like to check Area per lipid value during that removing.
How this could be done?

James