[gmx-users] Runs OK on small CPS but fails on large number of CPUs...

Tandia, Adama TandiaA at Corning.com
Thu Sep 29 04:44:31 CEST 2011

Dear Co-users,

I have a systems made of simple molecules, KNO3 to say. A classical MD
runs to completion on a supercomputer when using 24 CPUs only and fails
after few hundreds of ps, not always at the same step, when I increase
the number of CPUs to 72, 84, 96 ...
"The error message is as follows: " 1 particles communicated to PME node
1 are more than 2/3 times the cut-off out of the domain decomposition
cell of their charge group in dimension x. This usually means that your
system is not well equilibrated."

I do know for facts that the system is very well equilibrated since the
system had previously been equilibrated with EM on another machine until
the energy does not change any more.

Is there any brilliant idea out there?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,