[gmx-users] the g_rms function after we trjcat the trajectory files before and after extension

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Fri Apr 6 09:02:23 CEST 2012

Because if all you did to generate the 2nd tpr file was tpbconv -extend, then
both tpr files are same *except* for the simulation time.
(gmxdump should prove it)

On 2012-04-05 11:57:41PM -0700, Acoot Brett wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Before and after extention we have 2 trajectorty files, and by trjcat we got we, then we can do the g_rms
>
> g_rms -s *.tpr -f *_noPBC.xtc -o rmsd.xvg -tu ns
>
> But here for the g_rms command I find no matter whether we use the  *.tpr of the initiation of the production MD, or the *.tpr for the initiation of the extension part, the rmsd.xvg curves seems same.
>
> Will you please give some comment on it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Acoot

Peter C. Lai			| University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst		| KAUL 752A
Genetics, Div. of Research	| 705 South 20th Street
pcl at uab.edu			| Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808			|