[gmx-users] Re: Simulation in the high temperature conditions

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 08:18:21 CEST 2012

By the way I've completed equilibration phase of my system ( receptor in
Ccl4-water membrane mimicking layer) in the hight temperature conditions. :)

During 3ns I gradually increased temperature from 300 to 700k with posres
applied on the Ccl4 C atoms and all atoms of protein. After this I've
changed posres applied on the protein to the backbone atoms only and
started gradually decrease fc falue ( from 1000 to 250 ). The overal system
was stabile and I've noticed linnear increase of the total energy
accompanied by such increase of temperature.

Than  When I've removed posres from side-chains I've noticed bigger RMSD in
potential energy of my system.

The only artifact that I've noticed is that some water was moved into the
Ccl4 layer during this equilibration. How I could prevent such layer mixing
without applying posres on water? I need free-water in my system because I
want to see how some water move into the receptor that have a chanell wich
some internal- water cavities having functional meaning.
Does some operation with the COM option could prevent mixing of some
differen solvent layers ?
At the curent moment I've difined COM as

Protein_CCl4 SOL_NA_CL_XW

where XW is the water observed in the X-ray structure of that protein (
I've defined that mollecules in separate layer)

Thanks for help

James