[gmx-users] Re: Simulation in the high temperature conditions

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Apr 9 08:38:11 CEST 2012

On 9/04/2012 4:18 PM, James Starlight wrote:
> By the way I've completed equilibration phase of my system ( receptor
> in Ccl4-water membrane mimicking layer) in the hight temperature
> conditions. :)
>
> During 3ns I gradually increased temperature from 300 to 700k with
> posres applied on the Ccl4 C atoms and all atoms of protein. After
> this I've changed posres applied on the protein to the backbone atoms
> only and started gradually decrease fc falue ( from 1000 to 250 ). The
> overal system was stabile and I've noticed linnear increase of the
> total energy accompanied by such increase of temperature.
>
> Than  When I've removed posres from side-chains I've noticed bigger
> RMSD in potential energy of my system.
>
> The only artifact that I've noticed is that some water was moved into
> the Ccl4 layer during this equilibration. How I could prevent such
> layer mixing without applying posres on water?

I doubt you can. If you make your layer boundaries perpendicular to some
axis then you can use position restraints on water oxygens that have
non-zero force constants only with respect to that axis. Then relax the
water position restraints before any others.

> I need free-water in my system because I want to see how some water
> move into the receptor that have a chanell wich some internal- water
> cavities having functional meaning.

That doesn't stop you restraining water during equilibration.

> Does some operation with the COM option could prevent mixing of some
> differen solvent layers ?

Doing anything to COM of any group of many molecules is not going to
prevent one molecule from diffusing across a boundary.

Mark