[gmx-users] Error: 4095 characters, fgets2 has size 4095

Steven Neumann s.neumann08 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:52:26 CEST 2012

Dear Gmx Users,

It is 1st time I came across such problem. While preparing my NPT
simulation before umbrella samping:

grompp -f npt_umbrella.mdp -c conf0.gro -p topol.top -n index.ndx -o
npt0.tpr

An input file contains a line longer than 4095 characters, while the buffer
passed to fgets2 has size 4095. The line starts with: '20s'

Its not about the files in bad format as I have never had this problem  - I
am using Gromacs 4.5.4 installed on the cluster, I am using PuTTy shell. I
always use dos2gmx ibefore processing.

Can you advise?

Steven