[gmx-users] regarding micelle and its analysis

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 11 09:05:20 CEST 2012

On 11/04/2012 3:48 PM, priya thiyagarajan wrote:
> hello sir,
>
> i am studying about micelle formation of surfactants. i performed my
> run for 10ns.. when i visualize my final md pdb file i got around 2 to
> 3 micelles.
>
> my doubt is while performing analysis , g_gyrate giving a value of
> around 3nm..
>
> this value corresponds to which micelle..

None of them. It corresponds to the group you told g_gyrate to analyse.
See g_gyrate -h. Since you haven't told us which group you told g_gyrate
to use, you've forced me to guess that you told it to work on all your
surfactant molecules. If you'd given a full description of what you'd
done, then you'd be more likely to have people wanting and able to help
you, and thus be more likely to get useful help. Anyway, g_gyrate can't
guess that you want it to look at some magic subsets of the whole
system. You have to define the subsets, e.g. with g_select, and only
then can g_gyrate compute properties on them.

Mark