[gmx-users] regarding micelle and its analysis

Dallas Warren Dallas.Warren at monash.edu
Thu Apr 12 00:37:10 CEST 2012

Additionally, you need to be careful with the PBC when using g_gyrate, as if part of the micelle is split across it, then the radius provided will be wrong.

If you have 3 micelles, then you will have to generate an index file with a group for the molecules/atoms within each of the micelles, then pass each group to g_gyrate separately to get the radius for each micelle.

>From what you have written you have calculated the radius of gyration of all of the surfactant molecules within your simulation, which is more than likely not what you want.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Action
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at monash.edu
+61 3 9903 9304