[gmx-users] Heme group with CHARMM27 FF

Sundar Jubilant jubilantsundar at aim.com
Fri Apr 20 11:33:35 CEST 2012

 Dear Abraham,

I am ignoring hydrogens for the protein residues since I am not sure if the Gromacs has an option to ignore hydrogen only for pretein residues but not for the heme complexed with it.

One of my colleagues suggested to treat the Heme as an ligand not as a part of the protein to solve this issue. How would that really affect the accuracy of the simulation?

Thanks
Sundar