[gmx-users] How to use -tablep mdrun option?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 27 16:41:39 CEST 2012

On 28/04/2012 12:19 AM, Marcelo Lopez wrote:
> Thank you very much Mark, I have already in my topology files
>
> nrexcl = 3
>
> and
>
> gen-pairs = no
>
> Please enlight me... Does this mean that all the 1-4 interactions (I
> have tabulated bonds, angles and dihedrals) are zero?

Look at what the .log file reports for energies (or the .edr file). If
there are no named 1-4 terms, then there are no 1-4 interactions. grompp
might report this also. gmxdump on your .tpr does allow you to probe
this (but not as easily as checking the .log file).

>   Because I'm
> trying to put a strong repulsive part in the non-bonding potentials
> and the energy grows to "Inf".

That may or may not have anything to do with 1-4 interactions, but is
reasonably likely to be problematic without careful parameterization.
Also, you haven't said what energy grows without bound, so it's hard to
know how this relates to the foregoing.

Mark