[gmx-users] laptop GPU support

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Sat Aug 4 17:50:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

yes they will all be supported.
For the 650M (GDDR5 model) I get: 58.5 ns/day and only using the CPU
(i7-3610QM) I get: 44.4 ns/day
for  21k atoms water system (rcoulomb .8, spacing: .096, nstlist=7,
CUDA 5, development GPU driver).
So if you are planning to get a similar fast CPU you probably won't
see much speedup if you go with something slower than 650M. You might
even want to consider the 660M.

Roland

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear GROMACS community,
>
> I am about to buy a new laptop so I would like to know if GROMACS
> supports, or will support in the future, any of the following GPUs:
>
> NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M, 640M or 650M
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Thomas
> * Only plain text messages are allowed!