[gmx-users] Re: Adding New Residue to the Gromos 53.6 ff

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 6 10:50:30 CEST 2012

On 6/08/2012 6:00 PM, James Starlight wrote:
> Mark,
>

> The main difficulties is that ATB's output is in the form like
>
>   [ bonds ]
>      1    2    2   0.1000   1.8700e+07
>      1    3    2   0.1000   1.8700e+07
>
>   [ angles ]
> ;  ai   aj   ak  funct   angle     fc
>      2    1    3    2    109.50   380.00
>      2    1    4    2    109.50   425.00
>      3    1    4    2    109.50   425.00
>
>   [ dihedrals ]
> ; GROMOS improper dihedrals
> ;  ai   aj   ak   al  funct   angle     fc
>      7    8   10    9    2      0.00   167.36
>      8   10    9   11    2      0.00   167.36
>     10    9   11    7    2      0.00   167.36
>
> etc
>
> here I must replace the number of atoms by the corresponded real atoms
> but also replace the values for the bonds, angles and dihedrals by the
> Gromacs type codes ( e.g gb_1 etc). This is very routinely for me yet
> :)

You don't need to replace

     1    2    2   0.1000   1.8700e+07

with stuff like

     Cone    Ctwo    gb_234

Stuff like

     Cone    Ctwo    2   0.1000   1.8700e+07

is fine. gb_234 means "paste in the #define in the .itp file"... (seehttp://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Include_File_Mechanism) so no need to take it out to just paste it in again.  See discussion in manual 5.6.1, which of course you've read ;-)

Most of what you need to do is to map the atom numbers back to atom names. Most of the rest is doing the +N, -C stuff to use the standard peptide linking machinery.

Mark