[gmx-users] Re: number of coordinates in coordinate file (system_inflated.gro, 9331) number of coordinates in coordinate file does not match topology

Bhavaniprasad.V bhavaniprasad_vipperla at live.com
Fri Aug 10 06:57:26 CEST 2012

hello justin,
I got one more error, please help me out again.

I got the em.gro instead of confout.gro. I reached an area per lipid of ~52 Å2
for POPE bi layer.
Next i tried to  add ions to the system after solvating with water. i get the
following error.

Program grompp, VERSION 4.5.4
Source code file: /build/buildd/gromacs-4.5.4/src/kernel/grompp.c, line: 523

Fatal error:
number of coordinates in coordinate file (PRO_POPE_sol.gro, 34105)
             does not match topology (topol.top, 19707)

Is this difference in the number of atoms due to error in solvating.
I haven't got this error before.please suggest me what went wrong.
---Bhavani