[gmx-users] simmulated annealing

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 20:09:19 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I did the simmulated annealing for a protein where I wanted to
increase the temperature from 0 K to 300 K after 300 ps. But after the
simulation run I see the temp got increased up to 400 K and so.
So can anyone tell me whether I am doing any mistake ?
The .mdp file for the run is as follows. The temperature plot has been
attached with this mail.

define                 = -DFLEXIBLE
constraints            = h-bonds
integrator             = sd
dt                     = 0.001          ; 1fs
nsteps                 = 300000         ; 300 ps
nstcomm                = 1
nstxout                = 1000           ; frequency to write
coordinates to output trajectory
nstvout                = 0              ; frequency to write
velocities to output trajectory; the last velocities are always
written
nstfout                = 0              ; frequency to write forces to
output trajectory
nstlog                 = 10             ; frequency to write energies
to log file
nstenergy              = 100 ; frequency to write energies to edr file
nstcalcenergy          = 100
vdwtype                = cut-off
coulombtype            = cut-off
pbc                    = no