[gmx-users] checkpoint file

Juliette N. joojoojooon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:07:25 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I am going to restart my crashed simulations, but I am not sure which
of  *_prev.cpt or *.cpt to use as they contain different written
frames.

 *_prev.cpt >>>> Last frame         -1 time 7462.900

 *.cpt           >>>> Last frame         -1 time 7468.965

Also on the gmx site it is stated that :

Before doing anything, back up your files! Then use

mdrun -s topol.tpr -cpi state.cpt

What files do I need to back up? the edr. trr .. files that were
written before crash? Is the new run going to overwrite the old files?

Thanks,