[gmx-users] desired no of water molecules

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:37:54 CEST 2012

Thanks for the quick reply, I have given this command to add 612 water
molecules.
genbox -cs spc216 -nmol 612 -cp ala_box.gro -o ala_solv.gro -p ala.top

But in the solvated file, I see there are 668 water molecules.
A part of the output while adding water molecules is as follows

 Using plugin gro for structure file ala_solv.gro
Info) Using plugin gro for coordinates from file ala_solv.gro
Info) Determining bond structure from distance search ...
Info) Finished with coordinate file ala_solv.gro.
Info) Analyzing structure ...
Info)    Atoms: 2026
Info)    Bonds: 1357
Info)    Angles: 0  Dihedrals: 0  Impropers: 0  Cross-terms: 0
Info)    Bondtypes: 0  Angletypes: 0  Dihedraltypes: 0  Impropertypes: 0
Info)    Residues: 671
Info)    Waters: 668
Warning) Unusual bond between residues:  1 (none) and 2 (protein)
Warning) Unusual bond between residues:  2 (protein) and 3 (none)
Info)    Segments: 1
Info)    Fragments: 669   Protein: 1   Nucleic: 0