[gmx-users] desired no of water molecules

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 14 07:05:47 CEST 2012

On 14/08/2012 2:37 PM, tarak karmakar wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply, I have given this command to add 612 water
> molecules.
> genbox -cs spc216 -nmol 612 -cp ala_box.gro -o ala_solv.gro -p ala.top

That's not how to use -nmol, nor is it the right option to solve your
problem. There's an option that sets a maximum number of solvent
molecules. Read about it and use it :-) If your volume is too large for
that number, you'll have issues later.

> But in the solvated file, I see there are 668 water molecules.

Yes, genbox reported how many it added. No need to use VMD to count them
if you read the output of the tool you used.

Mark