[gmx-users] CHARMM36 - Smaller Area per lipid for POPE - Why?

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Wed Aug 15 17:56:48 CEST 2012

On 2012-08-14 08:52:26PM -0300, Sebastien Cote wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> I also used h-bonds and I also switch LJ interaction from 0.8 nm to 1.2 nm (as in Klauda's paper). I will retry with a more solvated membrane.
>
> Would you have any thought on how the NPAT ensemble might affect peptide-membrane interactions like I am studying i.e. peptide is totally solvated, then adsorb, and finally may insert? The paper on peptide-membrane interaction like this usually use united-atom lipid in the NPT ensemble. Most of the work I have seen on Charmm membrane in the NPAT ensemble were for embedded membrane protein.

Sorry, but I only have experience with large pre-embedded membrane proteins,
and those are governed both by signal sequences and post-translational
modification.

Chris's last email on the subject might lead to the hypothesis that lipid
raft translation as the leaflets "slide" past one another could be a
contributing factor to adsorbption of your species.