[gmx-users] LINCS

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 17 06:33:05 CEST 2012

On 17/08/2012 2:28 PM, shahid nayeem wrote:
> Right, I have a pdb where some of the residues are missing and when I
> try to simulate it I get LINCS warning in between the atom of the two
> ends of missing residues. So if I use a smaller time step (0.01) for
> final production run and energy minimization with setting constraint =
> none, making it computationally more expensive. Will these results
> will be O.K.

Does it sound OK to model missing residues with solvent (or vacuum) and
have a chemical bond between the dangling ends? It's also definitely not
OK to ignore the warning pdb2gmx gave you about this bond being too
long. Plowing ahead blindly costs more time than than being careful and
painstaking.

You need to either cap your chains or build in the missing residues with
non-GROMACS software, but what's best depends what you're trying to observe.

Mark