[gmx-users] deltaG from PMF

Steven Neumann s.neumann08 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:42:01 CEST 2012

Please see the example of the plot from US simulations and WHAM:

http://speedy.sh/Ecr3A/PMF.JPG

First grompp of frame 0 corresponds to 0.8 nm - this is what was shown
by grompp at the end.

The mdp file:

; Run parameters
define      = -DPOSRES_T
integrator  = md        ; leap-frog integrator
nsteps      = 25000000     ; 100ns
dt          = 0.002     ; 2 fs
tinit       = 0
nstcomm     = 10
; Output control
nstxout     = 0       ; save coordinates every 100 ps
nstvout     = 0       ; save velocities every
nstxtcout   = 50000        ; every 10 ps
nstenergy   = 1000
; Bond parameters
continuation    = no           ; first dynamics run
constraint_algorithm = lincs    ; holonomic constraints
constraints     = all-bonds     ; all bonds (even heavy atom-H bonds)
constrained
; Neighborsearching
ns_type     = grid      ; search neighboring grid cells
nstlist     = 5         ; 10 fs
vdwtype     = Switch
rvdw-switch = 1.0
rlist       = 1.4       ; short-range neighborlist cutoff (in nm)
rcoulomb    = 1.4       ; short-range electrostatic cutoff (in nm)
rvdw        = 1.2       ; short-range van der Waals cutoff (in nm)
ewald_rtol  = 1e-5      ; relative strenght of the Ewald-shifted
potential rcoulomb
; Electrostatics
coulombtype     = PME       ; Particle Mesh Ewald for long-range electrostatics
pme_order       = 4         ; cubic interpolation
fourierspacing  = 0.12      ; grid spacing for FFT
fourier_nx      = 0
fourier_ny      = 0
fourier_nz      = 0
optimize_fft    = yes
; Temperature coupling is on
tcoupl      = V-rescale                     ; modified Berendsen thermostat
tc_grps     = Protein LIG_Water_and_ions   ; two coupling groups - more accurate
tau_t       = 0.1   0.1                     ; time constant, in ps
ref_t       = 318   318                     ; reference temperature,
one for each group, in K
; Pressure coupling is on
pcoupl      = Parrinello-Rahman             ; pressure coupling is on for NPT
pcoupltype  = isotropic                     ; uniform scaling of box vectors
tau_p       = 2.0                           ; time constant, in ps
ref_p       = 1.0                           ; reference pressure, in bar
compressibility = 4.5e-5                    ; isothermal
compressibility of water, bar^-1
; Periodic boundary conditions
pbc         = xyz       ; 3-D PBC
; Dispersion correction
DispCorr    = EnerPres  ; account for cut-off vdW scheme
; Velocity generation
gen_vel     = yes       ; assign velocities from Maxwell distribution
gen_temp    = 318       ; temperature for Maxwell distribution
gen_seed    = -1        ; generate a random seed
; These options remove COM motion of the system
; Pull code
pull            = umbrella
pull_geometry   = distance
pull_dim        = N N Y
pull_start      = yes
pull_ngroups    = 1
pull_group0     = Protein
pull_group1     = LIG
pull_init1      = 0
pull_rate1      = 0.0
pull_k1         = 500      ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2
pull_nstxout    = 1000    ; every 2 ps
pull_nstfout    = 1000      ; every 2 ps

I will appreciate your help,
Steven