[gmx-users] GROMACS command for energy calculation

Acoot Brett acootbrett at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 00:01:03 CEST 2012

Dear Justin,

In the internet there is the following content. But if I need to measure the non-bonded energy between residues within a protein, or between fragments within a protein, can you advise on how to set up the energygrp?

Cheers,

Acoot
 Energy group exclusions
energygrp_excl:
Pairs of energy groups for which all non-bonded interactions are excluded.
An example: if you have two energy groups Protein and SOL,
specifying
energygrp_excl = Protein Protein  SOL SOL
would give
only the non-bonded interactions between the protein and the solvent. This is
especially useful for speeding up energy calculations with mdrun -rerun and for excluding interactions within frozen groups.