[gmx-users] Charges for Coulomb potential

Delmotte, Antoine antoine.delmotte09 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 19:18:04 CEST 2012

Many thanks for your quick response, Mark.

So epsilon_r is actually different from the actual relative permittivity
(which would be like 80 for water), is that right?

If so, how does one usually chooses this value of epsilon_r? Is the
default value of 1 applicable for most cases (like for simulations in
water), or should one obtain it from the literature somehow?

Thank you,

Antoine