[gmx-users] Error with MARTINI depending by the box size

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Tue Dec 11 10:26:51 CET 2012

I have not followed the thread but concerning the solvation of a
protein using genbox you need to:
1- use a box of water that has the exact size of the final box you
want (you make it yourself using any tool you want) and you need to
define the box size of the protein file as the one of the water box
conformation. This is given on the last line of the gro file. Then
genbox -cp -cs should work fine.
2- you need to use a water box size larger than the one you need. This
solution is generally easier. You can generate a box using genconf -
nbox option. And again define the box size in the protein conformation
file and genbox will just do fine.

We generally use -vdwd 0.18. It is a good compromise for disturbing
the system the least.

Note that these uses have been discussed on the MARTINI forum several
times.

XAvier.