[gmx-users] Parametrisation of the cyclic nucleotides in Gromos force fields

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Dec 11 14:45:33 CET 2012

On 12/11/12 6:04 AM, James Starlight wrote:
> Peter, thanks for explanations!
>

> Could you tell me is it possible to convert CGenFF output for
> hetatomic group to the RTP   (not an itp ) gromac's data ?
>
> I want to simulate in Gromacs ( in charmm 27 ff) qm\mm GFP protein
> which is consist of HETTATOMIC chromophore covently bonded to the
> polypeptide chain of that protein so
>   I need topology for that chromophore ( I can make it by swiss param
> or my CGenFF) but I need that topology in the rtp file format to
> integrate it to the aminoacids.rtp  of the Charmm27  for further
> processing of the entirely GFP by means of  pdb2gmx.

You've repeated this request several times now, and the answer is always the
same.  If you have suitable parameters in some form, they need to be converted
to Gromacs format (.rtp) by some means.  If you haven't found or written some
program that converts the formats, the only solution is to fire up your favorite
text editor, open up the Gromacs manual, and get typing.  The .rtp format is
relatively straightforward, and you will probably be better served if you try to
write one and post back with specific questions if you have specific problems
getting it to work.

Note that suitable parameters for the GFP chromophore are published (and that
paper was linked before in this discussion), so you likely do not need to
re-derive any of these parameters using SwissParam or CGenFF.  A few years ago,
we used the published CHARMM27-compatible parameters in a set of GFP simulations.

-Justin