[gmx-users] Parametrisation of the cyclic nucleotides in Gromos force fields

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 22:13:43 CET 2012

Today I've made parametrization of the chromophore group by means of
Swiss param and integrated that topology into charmm27 ff. The only
problem that I have is with the N-term N atom of the chromophore. It's
likely that I made mistake to parametrize it into full protonated form
(NH2).

When I've used pdb2gmx on the GFP structure the peptide bond between
that N atom and adjacent O ( from C term of adjacent residue) is
incorrect ( both oxygens preserves on the C atom so my system had
divided onto 2 chains as well as had incorrect charge). How I could
define the N atom in the topology as the N-terminal? (I've delited
both hydrogens from RTP as well as from HDB files but the problem
didn’t resolved. Also I'm using -ignh on the input pdb to ignore all
hydrogens from the model)

James