[gmx-users] Parametrisation of the cyclic nucleotides in Gromos force fields

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:49:01 CET 2012

New problem during processing of y structure via GROMPP

ERROR 217 [file topol.top, line 34183]:
  No default Improper Dih. types

ERROR 218 [file topol.top, line 34184]:
  No default Improper Dih. types

ERROR 219 [file topol.top, line 34185]:
  No default Improper Dih. types

ERROR 220 [file topol.top, line 34186]:
  No default Improper Dih. types

ERROR 221 [file topol.top, line 34187]:
  No default Improper Dih. types

Fatal error:
Unknown cmap torsion between atoms 915 917 919 934 946
1) Does the errors about Improper types due to non-standart atom names
in the RTP? Must I use only standard charmm atom names in that section
? ( I've used Swiss Param's abbreviation see below)

 [ impropers ]
CG2  CD1  CB2  CD2
CD1  CE1  CG2  HD1
CD2  CE2  CG2  HD2
CE2  CZ   CD2  HE2
CB2  CA2  CG2  HB2
CA2  N2   CB2  C2
C1   CA1  N2   N3
CA1  N    C1   CB1
CA1  CB1  C1   HA1
CB1  OG1  CA1  CG1
CB1  CG1  CA1  HB1
C2   N3   CA2  O3
N3   C2   C1   CA3
CA3  C    N3   HA33
CA3  HA33 N3   HA32
CZ   CE1  CE2  OH
CE1  CZ   CD1  HE1
CG1  HG11 CB1  HG12
CG1  HG11 CB1  HG13
; with next residue
C    +N   CA3  O
; with previous residue
N    -C   CA1  H11

2 ) In the fatal error the  915 917 919 93 atoms is the C atom of i-2
N Cb  C atoms of i-1 and N of the i-residue where i is the
chromophore.

In the RTP file I notice that CMAP for standard amino acids is the
from N to C end of the corresponded and\or adjacent residues. How I
could define it for my chromophore composed from 3 residues-like
objects ? Should something like below example work ? Also I didnt
observe such CMAP for HEME molecule.

[ cmap ]
 -C	N	CA1	C1	N3
 C1     N3      CA3     C       +N

In tht exmple -C and +N atoms of adjacent residues and others atoms
are from chromophore.

James