[gmx-users] Using groups in the mdp file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Feb 6 19:06:40 CET 2012

francesco oteri wrote:
> Hi Ignacio,
> You can solve the problem creating an index file through make_ndx. In
> such a file you need a group called ACX. Then use the index.ndx in
> grompp.

In principle, an index file is not necessary here, as ACX should be generated as
a default group since it is defined as a [moleculetype].

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Default_Index_Groups

Perhaps the OP can provide the original grompp command and whether or not the -n
flag was invoked.  An incorrect index file can also give this error, I believe,
if it does not contain the desired group.

>> energy_grps          = ACX

This is an incorrect keyword that should have raised a fatal error.  The proper
keyword is "energygrps."

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar