[gmx-users] Re: Using CHARMM force fields in Gromacs, pt. 2

Jernej Zidar jernej.zidar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:53:46 CET 2012

Hi.
  Thanks for the advice.

  Putting those two files (i.e. ffbonded.itp and ffnonbonded.itp)
together with the main CHARMM36 forcefield would also mean adding the
missing atomtypes (i.e. the ones from CGENFF) to the atomtypes.dat of
CHARMM36, right?

  There's no need to patch the forcefields.dat file because Gromacs
will first look for the forcefields in /opt/share/gromacs/top/ and
later in the local directory.

Thanks again,
Jernej Zidar

--