[gmx-users] Re: Using CHARMM force fields in Gromacs, pt. 2

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Mon Feb 20 07:56:33 CET 2012

On 2012-02-20 02:53:46PM +0800, Jernej Zidar wrote:
> Hi.
>   Thanks for the advice.
>
>   Putting those two files (i.e. ffbonded.itp and ffnonbonded.itp)
> together with the main CHARMM36 forcefield would also mean adding the
> missing atomtypes (i.e. the ones from CGENFF) to the atomtypes.dat of
> CHARMM36, right?

yes. I forgot about that.

>   There's no need to patch the forcefields.dat file because Gromacs
> will first look for the forcefields in /opt/share/gromacs/top/ and
> later in the local directory.

oh ok. I added an entry anyway because I liked having the main charmm36
one grouped with the charmm36cgen one in the menu..

> Thanks again,
> Jernej Zidar
>
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 14:31,  <gmx-users-request at gromacs.org> wrote:
>
> > Make a copy of the original Charm36.ff (to say, charmm36cgen.ff) then patch
> > your cgenff conversion into it.
> >
> > To keep things sane, I contained my cgenff conversion into its own
> > ffbondedcgen.itp/ffnonbondedcgen.itp and included those .itps into the
> > charmm36cgen.ff/forcefield.itp
> > I also created separate cgen.rtp and cgen.hdb files and put them into
> > charmm36cgen.ff as well.
> >

> --
> Windows: Re-Boot, Linux: Be-Root.

Peter C. Lai			| University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst		| KAUL 752A
Genetics, Div. of Research	| 705 South 20th Street
pcl at uab.edu			| Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808			|