[gmx-users] Regarding DispCorr

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Feb 20 08:21:59 CET 2012

On 20/02/2012 4:19 PM, bipin singh wrote:
> Thanks for your help. But I am getting different results for potential
> energy when minimization done applying DispCorr=EnerPres and
> minimization done without DispCorr. Please provide your suggestions

They will be different, but they are highly unlikely to be
*significantly* different. Slight changes in the nearly symmetric effect
of long-range interactions are not going to change the general nature of
the local minimum that you approach with EM - and decidedly not if all
you are doing is preparing to do dynamics. Doing those dynamics is a
different matter.

Mark