[gmx-users] Scaling/performance on Gromacs 4

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Mon Feb 20 17:30:31 CET 2012

Hi Sara,

my guess is that 1500 steps are not at all sufficient for a benchmark on 64 cores.
The dynamic load balancing will need more time to adapt the domain sizes
for optimal balance.
It is also important that you reset the timers when the load is balanced (to get
clean performance numbers); you might want to use the -resethway switch for that.
g_tune_pme will help you find the performance optimum on any number of nodes,
from 4.5 on it is included in Gromacs.

Carsten