[gmx-users] Scaling/performance on Gromacs 4

Floris Buelens floris_buelens at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 22:11:13 CET 2012

Poor scaling with MPI on many-core machines can also be due uneven job distributions across cores or jobs being wastefully swapped between cores. You might be able to fix this with some esoteric configuration options of mpirun (--bind-to-core worked for me with openMPI), but the surest option is to switch to gromacs 4.5 and run using thread-level parallelisation, bypassing MPI entirely.