[gmx-users] Lennard-Jones Parameters in ffnonbonded.itp

lloyd riggs lloyd.riggs at gmx.ch
Mon Feb 20 20:22:51 CET 2012

A quick answer to this is, there's two sets of tables based on equations I know of off hand for LJ's and calculating the other such LJ parameters from these.  In one it uses the epsilon/ sigma and the other a table of either the 9-6 or the 6-12.  The later two you can look up either on the European or US standards data base on the web or in a CRC book.  The former, you have to do a conversion, although for your force field you might have to do a back conversion if you look up say the 6-12.  I would trust A professor more with this though...and getting the proper equations.  With the equation you have listed below it would be strait forward plug and paste and then a calculator...either you have one or the other portions of the equation.  I assume the 4 epsilon is from the normal equation, and the sigma as well for a 12-6 equation.  All of these are on wiki though as well.

Hope thats not too confusing.

Stephan Watkins

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Jetzt informieren: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freephone/