[gmx-users] Adding new residue to the the force field

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Feb 24 07:45:23 CET 2012

On 24/02/2012 5:20 PM, ramesh cheerla wrote:
> Dear Mark
>                 I am very thank ful to you for your valuble
> suggestion. I have verified my results by changing the sigma and
> epsilon values in   [atomtypes ] directive of the ffnonbonded.itp .
> Results were uneffected by changing these values.
> Here i have one another doubt regarding [ pairtypes ] directive, As I
> am using buckingham potential for the nonbonded interactions and  have
> only A, B & C  values can i use zeros for the sigma and epsilon values
> in this directive. What i observed is results will change  by changing
> the sigma and epsilon values in this directive.
> Please suggest me how can i use correct values for the sigma and
> epsilon in [ pairtypes ]  directive.

As I understand things, pairs for special 1-4 interactions are not used
with Buckingham interactions.

Looking closer at your original post, you claim to be adding a residue
using Buckingham to an existing force field. No force fields distributed
with GROMACS use Buckingham, so if you're trying to make both LJ and
Buckingham work in the same simulation, you will be unable to succeed.

Mark