[gmx-users] Dihedrals Parametrization in the .rtpf File

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:06:27 CET 2012

Lara Bunte wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have three questions:
>

> 1.)
>
> If you create a .rtp file in your force field folder (I use charmm27) you
> have a block [ dihedrals ] with the structure
>
> [ dihedrals ]
>

> atom1    atom2    atom3    atom4    phi0    cp      mult
>

> What is cp and what is mult?

Force constant (I believe) and multiplicity.

> 2.)
>
> In the [ impropers ] block you have
>
> [ impropers ]
>

> atom1      atom2      atom3      atom4     q0     cq
>
> What is q0 and cq?

Equilibrium angle and force constant.

> 3.) Out of a supporting information of a paper I have the information
> "improper dihedral angles" I have the four atoms and force constants and
> equilibrium angles. What is the syntax for thin in my .rtp file? Do I use [
> dihedrals ] or [ impropers ] block or how do I write my Information in
> gromacs in my rtp. file?

In an .rtp file, you use [dihedrals] for dihedrals and [impropers] for improper
dihedrals - in ffbonded.itp you would specify parameters for the impropers
within a [dihedraltypes] block and specifying the correct function type for the
interaction.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar