[gmx-users] Abot genbox and editcon

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 17 17:55:37 CET 2012

vidhya sankar wrote:
> Dear justin Thank you for your previous reply
>
>                                               I have solvated  my
> protein molecule with specific number of water molecules By keeping the
> protein (solute) at center of box (option available in editconf)  but
> when i visualize the resultant  .gro file in VMD  the solute molecule
> are not closely surrounded by  water molecules i need Solute  molecules
> to be  closely surrounded by  solvent molecules  without changing the
> dimension of box i am using Cubic box is there is any option in
> available in gromacs

No - genbox works by tiling the given solvent coordinate file into the solute
coordinate file starting at the coordinate origin.  You could randomly insert
individual water molecules with -ci -nmol, but you'll still end up with
significant voids akin to the gas phase, or more likely something that doesn't
even make sense.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar