[gmx-users] problem with calculating SASA

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 31 13:04:27 CET 2012

Maryam Hamzehee wrote:

> Hi
> Many thanks for your email, the question is that topology file (*.top)
> has not DNA, if I want to produce the tpr file I need a top file
> containing both DNA and protein; How can I edit my top file in oredr to
> include DNA in my top file.

Then you need to incorporate the DNA topology into the system topology, as you
would for any other molecule.  The easiest way to do this is to:

1. Create a separate coordinate file with just your DNA in it
2. Run pdb2gmx on the new DNA coordinate file and obtain a DNA .top file
3. Edit the .top file to make it an .itp by removing the unnecessary directives
(see the wiki)
4. #include the new DNA .itp file in the existing system .top

-Justin

> Cheers,
> Maryam

Justin A. Lemkul