[gmx-users] mdrun on GROMACS 3.3.1

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 31 17:22:00 CET 2012

francesca vitalini wrote:
> Well I'm keeping struggling with this script. Apparently the problem in
> in using the integrator md with the GOMACS 3.3.1 version. In fact the
> same .mdp file with integrator steep works. while with md it always
> gives the error message that it cannot open the .xtc file.

The md integrator can produce an .xtc file, steepest descent EM does not.

> How can I get around this problem?
> I can only see two ways now:
> -either there is a way to use md with GROMACS 3.3.1
> -or there is a way so that the mdrun of a newer version of GROMACS can
> deal with the file. If I try, even specifying the path for each .itp
> file, then the program cannot find certain atomtypes, such as
> Atomtype CH2R not found
> any suggestions here?

Some renaming has occurred for some atomtypes, and the force fields have been
re-organized in a more sensible fashion in newer versions.  For instance, the
CH2R atom type in the Gromos96 force fields is now called CH2r.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080