[gmx-users] Re: Problem with minimizing the energy of the solvated system

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 07:10:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

Indeed, it's the 'box-gets-lost-bug'. It happens with the tutorial
because it was written for an earlier gromacs version. There's an
updated one for 4.5.5 at http://md.chem.rug.nl/~mdcourse/molmod2012/

Although I'll check again if that bug may still cause problems... If
you stick to .gro format for structures, you're always fine. Only if
you want to use pymol or so, you need to convert it to .pdb.

Cheers,

Tsjerk