[gmx-users] Crashes during protein-ligand simulation

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:08:06 CEST 2012

justin,

It seems that problem was in the big charge groups in the ligand.itp
file. In particularly I've devided largest group into several smaller
and there haven't any crashes been occured yet.

With my last system with the the default COM group I've obtained crash
on the 25ns with the error about ligand's big cngr exactly.

By the way could you tell me how I could analyse stability of the
protein-ligand system as well as contributions of the individual
non-covalent contacts with the .EDR file?

In my mdp file I've defined energygrps= Protein Ligand   as the
separate energy terms.

During analysis of the edr file I've observed some options like
LJ-SR:Protein-ADN     ( this value was slightly negative (-100) during my trr )
Coul-14:Protein-ADN ( this value was constantly zero )
Coul-SR:ADN-rest ( this value was equal to the LJ-SR:Protein-ADN  -100 )

What conclusions in general could I do based on that values ? How I
could measure stability of the ligand ( beside dirrect RMSD
measurement) from such energy terms?

James