[gmx-users] Re: Two questions about index files

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Jul 8 22:17:08 CEST 2012

On 7/8/12 4:14 PM, Andrew DeYoung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks, Justin! Do you by any chance have any experience with the "expect"
> tool (http://www.nist.gov/el/msid/expect.cfm)? I have never used it. I guess
> that this may not help in this case because, of course, the printing of
> selections is due to Gromacs. But I wonder if there is any way that "expect"
> can be used in tandem with modification of the source code to run the
> Gromacs utility in the background.

No, I've never used it.  I think there has been some mention across the list,
but I don't know how it would be necessary (or exceptionally useful) here.
Maybe someone with more experience with it can comment.  I certainly doubt it
will suppress Gromacs screen output.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080