[gmx-users] refcoord_scaling

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 11 03:37:35 CEST 2012

I always use refcoord_scaling = com because of the warning that refcoord_scaling = no gives problems:

quoting http://manual.gromacs.org/online/mdp_opt.html#pc :
"Note that with this option the virial and pressure will depend on the absolute
positions of the reference coordinates."

I don't see why anyone would want to use refcoord_scaling = all , which it seems to me would deform
your protein. I actually think that any use of refcoord_scaling = all should throw a warning so that the
user would have to acknowledge this via -maxwarn to ensure that they didn't get unexpected behaviour.