[gmx-users] Final state not reached in pulling simulation

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Thu Jul 12 18:15:53 CEST 2012

It could be possible tht you do not pull into the 'right' direction. if
there is another group between 'GTP' and 'Residue' you will get clashes
and 'Residue' won't move further (could be a water molecule, or some
other part of 'GTP').
If this happens you should observe an increase in the force due to the
umbrella potential.
If the problems are due to waters molecules which block the 'pathway'
you could just delete them.
If another group is in the way, you might want to change the pull-vector
(and if lucky find the right one). But don't know what would be the best
strategy in this case. Maybe you can look into what docking-people do,
seems to me that your simulation is related to what they do (but myself
has absolute no knowledge about docking simulations).

greetings
thomas