[gmx-users] Re: Final state not reached in pulling simulation

Neeru Sharma neeru.bioinfo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 08:32:14 CEST 2012

Dear Justin,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the pull force.
1)I will try by reducing the pull force to 1000 and 100 KJmol/nm2 now.
Regarding the force being applied in z-direction, after visualizing my
trajectory i thought it would work by providing force in z-direction.
2)Regarding the protein rotation, it does not rotate over the time. There
are just some localized changes in it.
3)Regarding the distance measurement, I am measuring the distance between
the specific atoms of the residue and the atoms of the GTP. Till now, these
distances as well as the overall protein geometry is maintained well in the
range too.
4)If this kind of pulling does not work out in my case, I will again try it
with using "position" geometry too with pull_vec1.

Can you suggest why have I not reached the final distance at the end of the
simulation? Is it because of the geometry that I have used, because the
force constant is already too high in this case?

Thanks again for your response.