[gmx-users] Re: Peptide folding simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jul 18 12:12:10 CEST 2012

On 7/18/12 3:03 AM, jojartb at jgypk.u-szeged.hu wrote:
> Hi,
> Check this article:
> http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0032131
> HTH Balazs

In addition, it is important to realize that a single trajectory represents one
possible outcome, and no matter how long it is, may be stuck in a local energy
minimum.  In general, multiple simulations of intermediate length are often
considered better than one long trajectory.  In addition, enhanced sampling
methods like REMD are used very frequently in studies on protein folding so that
energy barriers are more easily overcome.

-Justin

> Quoting simula_460 <bharat.85.monu at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried again simulating the same peptide with OPLS FF for 2000 ns time
>> duration. I used VMD for the secondary structure analysis and trajectory
>> visualization. This time I was able to get folding events but the residues
>> that are should be beta strands were helical for most of the time during
>> simulation. Is it because of the parameters or what else could have gone
>> wrong ??
>>
>> ----
>> BHARAT
>>
>> --